The Adventures of Kia and Bean

The Adventures of Kia and Bean

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Looking forward to Thailand and Beyond

Even with our good news, we realize that we still have a 3 year wait ahead. Unfortunately, that means 3 years of our friends and family getting pregnant. Right now two family members and my best friend are pregnant. Others are talking about getting pregnant. It seems like everywhere I go, I have to talk about pregnancy with everyone. I know more about being pregnant that I think I want to know!

That also means three years of comments and questions like:
"Do you think you'll change your mind about adopting and just get pregnant?"
"You two would make such beautiful children; how come you are giving that up to adopt?"
"I was really hoping we could be pregnant together; well, maybe if you change your mind, that could still happen!"
"Are you...well...infertile?"
"Why Colombia? Why not the U.S.? We have plenty of children here who need a home."
"If you knew how amazing pregnancy was, you would change your mind."

So to avoid going crazy and to make sure we are still happy for our prego family and friends, we are focusing on preparing for vacations. Thailand is a few months away, but the travel agent inside of me is forcing me to plan every detail NOW. Or maybe it's just the part of me that needs to keep my brain busy so I stop thinking about everyone else being pregnant or already kid-endowed. In fact, I'm almost done planning Thailand and feel the need to keep my brain busy. Spanish lessons do a lot for that, but planning a trip for after Thailand sounds like fun, too. So we are thinking about England next. Yes, England...where we can drink beer and eat soft cheese to our hearts' content. The fine things about being paper "pregnant."

3 comments:

  1. you should answer all of these questions on a blog post and then just refer people to the post so you don't have to answer them over and over again...or maybe if they read your blog regularly they will just stop asking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so much the answering of these questions, but it is the fact that many of them are not appropriate to ask in the first place. Therefore, I don't think I should have to answer them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, you make a good point there. :)

    ReplyDelete