Before we got to the zoo, we had a busy morning. Both girls had to be up by 7:15 sharp to get dressed and fed before the physical therapist came at 8. Check.
7:18 - Rise and shine! Dressed. Finishing eating when the PT comes. Boom! I'm good. We were off to a great start!
9am - PT ends, Rosa is angry that her bad habits with standing are going to end, mad that she was put in positions she hated, and mad because this lady made her not be near momma for a few minutes. She was very happy standing pigeon toed, on her toes, and on the inside of her arches. Sorry Rosa - not anymore. But PT was over. Luckily, Daddy made lunches the night before and packed up the diaper bag. All I had to do was give Rosa her bottle and get their shoes on. Brief snag when we couldn't find Katie's shoes. Found them in a bag stuffed with shoes that Katie was carrying around the house. Kids in car. Check.
9:45 - On the highway talking with Daddy over the speaker phone. Realized that we only had 15 miles left in the gas tank. Oops. So much for being on time.
10:30 - Talking with Cousin Seri on the speakerphone. She says she will be late. I breathe a sigh of relief since I was supposed to be at the zoo at 10:30 and hadn't reached the exit yet. Too bad I missed the exit because I wasn't paying attention. Time to turn around and make my way back.
10:45 - Made it to the zoo. Checked in. Met Cousin Seri a couple of minutes later. Rosa begins crying for some unknown reason. Sunscreen on. Sun cover over her on the stroller.
We stopped at the tigers. There were three new baby tigers, so Momma was excited. Luckily, Katie thought it was neat, and so did Rosa! They both stared and stared. They loved all of the animals they saw today. Katie even tried to say some of the names.
12:00 - Lunch. When we arrived at the lunch area, there were no seats, so we went to the line and Momma got fries. We got out of the line, Momma put the tray with the fries on the top of the stroller, and before I knew it, the fries and the tray were all over the ground. Luckily, the kind people from the food place gave me new fries, and we went off to find a table. Glory be! We found one. Rosa was screaming by this point in the stroller, but she had to wait until Mommy got Katie set up on the bench. She still cried even when I held her, and before I knew it, Katie had flipped herself off of the bench onto the ground in true Katie dramatic fashion.
That was Momma's last straw. Both children went into the stroller, Rosa still crying, and Momma packed up everything and told Aunt Seri that it was time for Momma to go. And I quickly pushed the stroller out of the zoo, loaded the girls in the car, and sped home.
1:00 - We made it home, both girls went down for nap, and Momma breathed a sigh of relief.
Wait. Where is Momma's phone? I searched and searched for it and had the bright idea of calling Daddy via bluetooth in the van. I didn't fully turn on the car, just the first click, so the engine wasn't on. It was just enough to get the bluetooth working. With Daddy's help, I found it! But I forgot to turn off the car, and now we have a low battery. *sigh*
Needless to say, it was one of those days. It was just one more reminder of why staying home during the day is so much easier with two kids! I do know we will be heading back to the zoo someday, just with a little help from Daddy next time.
![]() |
| Aunt Seri and Rosa |

No comments:
Post a Comment