The Adventures of Kia and Bean

The Adventures of Kia and Bean

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Head Spinning

One of you mentioned that your head was spinning after you received your referral, and boy do I get ya!  Today, I couldn't function.  I went through the motions of being a teacher and then all I could think of was preparations for the girls.  Then, I get so overwhelmed with that that I get fixated on the stupidest things.


For example, today's big OCD moment (or OCD hours)?  Cloth diapers vs. disposable.  As a hyrbid car owner, vegetarian eater, and one who enjoys taking care of the environment (I guess now wouldn't be a good time to mention that I'm a conservative, huh?), I can't get past how much space diapers take up in landfills.  But on the other hand, I also can't imagine scraping off caca (I think that is Spanish for #2, right?) from the diapers, especially some of this nasty stuff I encounter while changing diapers of kids around us!  I found these awesome easy-fit cloth diapers called Bummis that are super simple to use (no inserts!) and would save us a bunch of money on diapers.  Anybody have any experience with these or want to put their two cents in?

Help!

2 comments:

  1. I personally could never get past the idea of cleaning off cloth diapers. Trust me, as the kids get older and the food they eat gets more diverse so does the #2 as you called it. Babies on formula or breast milk is one thing, but real food a complete other. Just think of cleaning your own feces out of a diaper? Hope that helps and was not too much!?!? LOL! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - NOW I'm grossed out! hahaha...but good point!

    ReplyDelete