The Adventures of Kia and Bean

The Adventures of Kia and Bean

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Packing Goddess

Tonight, I sit among three nearly full suitcases.  I'm surrounded by cute little girl clothes, my small stack of clothes, vegetable baby food, and supplies galore.  I know I have one suitcase left, but goodness - we still have to pack toys, shoes, and 5 single-spaced pages of items!  I think Tim might be able to fit a few clothes in the suitcases when we are done, but maybe not.

In the middle of packing tonight, I just broke into tears.  It's like every once in awhile, it hits me like a wave that I'm going to be a mom, and I just can't contain the emotion I feel.  I am already so in love with these girls, and I just can't wait to actually show them my love in person.  I get to do that in just 11 days!!!

I am a few days away from our family and friend shower.  I am so grateful for all the people involved with that.  Tim and I feel so loved that everyone is putting so much love and effort into this.  I can't wait to tell our girls about this someday.  People had better take a lot of pictures, so we have a bunch to put in the picture book for the girls.  We are so excited to see everyone and celebrate our girls with so many people that we love and will have such a big influence on the girls' lives.

What is another thing we are looking forward to?   Being in Colombia for four weeks with our lovely daughters.  No distractions, no worries about anything at home, no jobs - just a month of pure bonding with our little girls.  Whenever we get stressed or overwhelmed, we just keep going back to where we will be in just a short time.  We look at their pictures and smile.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Colombia. Angelica will be 6 in 2 weeks but it seems like only yesterday we were packing and worried about how we were going to survive in a hotel room for a month. Can't wait to see pics of your little girls and follow your journey. Seeing pics of Monteria in everyone's blogs brings back such awesome memories. PS I am hoping to put my pics in the mail to you in the morning. Thanks again for sharing them for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna - We are leaving this Saturday. I hope the pictures make it in time! Thanks again for your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete